I have spent three days being inspired, motivated, educated and challenged with a number of respected speakers attending the RCSA 2018 Conference “The Art of Work” with other recruitment professionals from New Zealand and Australia.
After the closing keynote, lanyard still attached, a notebook full of notes, I was feeling extremely positive and I thought so what happens next? Will I put into practice what I have learned or will I return to work and unconsciously put the learning to one side as I start my day?
What did I learn:
- Your imperfection is to your advantage to take a risk! In the world (yes world not the word) of the great late Miles Davis - see the world with no wrong notes
- Failure is the stepping stone to success
- We are the architects of our live's - do what you love
- If restless you need to push for change, compliance won't create growth
- Know what you want to achieve
- Dr. Jason Fox asked the audience to ask ourselves a simple question "I can't believe it's 2018 and I still haven't..?" This was brilliant and confronting at the same time
- Barry Asin - what got you here won’t get you there - so true
- Layne Beachley - firstly can I say, if you ever get the chance to attend an event where she is speaking, please don’t miss the opportunity to be truly inspired. Layne questioned how we speak to ourselves - our inner voice (I call this my head committee,) would you talk to people like we talk to ourselves? Her next topic was focus, acronym thank you "Focus One Course Until Successful." Your inner voice and focus can make the world of difference and in Layne's case 7X World Surf Championships
So what will happen next, actually for me it is happening. I am currently working on "I can't believe it's 2018 and I still haven't ....", I'm telling my "head committee" to sit down and I am looking forward to where I am going rather than where I've been. I understand not all you hear at a conference will make an impact, however, what does utilise it!