What are the best jobs in the UK? In the past the answer to this question would have been doctors and lawyers as people associated these jobs with high salaries and great career opportunities. Nowadays, these jobs still have a good reputation but due to the increasingly competitive and globalised market place, the demand for employees with business acumen is more and more on the rise.
This trend is reflected in Glassdoor's 2016 job ranking. The ranking was based on three factors (salary, job openings, career opportunity) and shows that the top 10 jobs in the UK are all business-related:
1) Business Development Manager (5,100 job openings; £40,000 = average salary)
2) Finance Manager (2,800 job openings; £55,000 = average salary)
3) Operations Manager (1,800 job openings; £45,000 = average salary)
4) HR Manager (1,300 job openings; £50,000 = average salary)
5) Marketing Manager (2,200 job openings; £45,000 = average salary)
6) Business Analyst (4.300 job openings; £41,000 = average salary)
7) Commercial Manager (1,300 job openings; £57,000 = average salary)
8) Project Manager (7,200 job openings; £46,000 = average salary)
9) Product Manager (2,000 job openings; £54,000 = average salary)
10) Software Engineer (23,000 job openings; £40,000 = average salary)
The jobs that make this list have the highest overall Glassdoor Job Score, determined by combining three key factors – number of job openings, salary and career opportunities rating.